Architectural Heritage



Salgari's Avita House
Tomenighe di Sotto, in Negrar di Valpolicella, is where the famous adventure writer Emilio Salgari lived for a period.

Santa Sofia Church in Pedemonte
The building of Santa Sofia's church dates back to the period between 831 and 845.

San Micheletto Church in Fumane
On the hill that divides Fumane from Bure we have the small church of San Micheletto, inserted inside the property of Villa Zorzi, in 17th century and is now well restored.

Villa Ravignani Bajetta
Villa Ravignani Bajetta is locate in Fumane and is surrounded by a large park.

Corte Ravignani Guarienti
Corte Ravignani-Guarienti, formerly Vanti, stands in Località Piani a Fumane, surrounded by the park and an original city wall.

San Zeno Church in Poia
On the top of the Poia hill, in the flourishing nature of Sant'Ambrogio di Valpolicella and surrounded by a group of cypresses, this small romanesque church is the ideal place for those seeking tranquility and for those who want to gather in prayer or meditate.

Santa Maria del Degnano Church
The Romanesque church of Santa Maria del Degnano is a religious building located in Fumane (VR) in the hamlet of Vaio.

Villa Brenzoni Bassani
The villa is located in the center of Sant’Ambrogio di Valpolicella, right next to the parish church, surrounded by what used to be a large park.

Cavalo's old Church
The old church of Cavalo is a religious building located in Cavalo, a hamlet of Fumane. It is located outside the town, on the road that leads to the hamlet of Monte di Sant'Ambrogio di Valpolicella.

Solane Santuario Madonna Addolorata
On a hill in the Lessini Mountains we find the Madonna Addolorata Sanctuary of Monte Solane located in a rocky area, characterized by the presence of stone quarries.

Villa Spinosa
Villa Spinosa in Negrar is built in a panoramic position in the vineyards of Valpolicella Classica.

Villa Betteloni
Villa Betteloni is a Villa Veneta dating back to the second half of the XIV century. It is located on the hills of Castelrotto, in the municipality of San Pietro in Cariano.

La Meridiana
La Meridiana di Negrar is a curious and modern monument which, located in the center of a roundabout at the gates of the town, allows you to know the timetable and some details of the calendar.

Arpa Eolica di Mazzano
In the hamlet of Mazzano, near the parish church, there is the particular monument called Arpa Eolica di Mazzano; a structure capable of producing suggestive sounds in the presence of the wind.

Chiesa di San Pietro a S. Peretto
The church of San Pietro (or San Peretto, as it is called by the inhabitants of the area) stands in a hilly position, surrounded by olive trees, in the homonymous hamlet of the municipality of Negrar.

Villa Bertoldi
Villa Bertoldi, located in Settimo di Pescantina, is a XVII century palace with the characteristics of the ville venete.

Church of Santa Lucia
The church of S. Lucia di Pescantina is the reference point of the Catholic community of this small hamlet near the Adige river.

Giardino di Pojega and Villa Rizzardi
Realized in 1783 by the architect Luigi Tezza, for the Count Antonio Rizzardi, the Giardino di Pojega – the Pojega Garden – is one of the best examples of Italian gardens. The garden is part of Villa Rizzardi.

Villa Serego Alighieri
The oldest part of the villa dates back to 1353, the year in which Pietro, son of the poet Dante Alighieri, established himself in Gargagnago.

Villa Ottolini-Lebrecht
Villa Ottolini-Lebrecht is dated back to the XVI century and it's located in San Floriano, near the Parish Church.

Villa della Torre
The villa is one of the most interesting examples of country houses from the XVI century in the Veronese area, and it may have been planned by the architect Michele Sanmicheli.

San Marco al Pozzo Church
This is a small rural church, dates back to XIII Century, located in Pozzo di Valgatara, in Marano di Valpolicella.

San Marziale Church
San Marziale Church in Breonio today is the result of a renovation performed between the 1400s and the 1500s on an ancient building of the 13th century.

Sant' Andrea Apostolo church
Sant'Andrea Church is in Ossenigo, in the munucipality of Dolcè.

Santa Lucia's Church
This small but historical church is located in the heart of the town of Santa Lucia in Pescantina: its so named for the Virgin and Martyr of Syracuse Santa Lucia whose patron feast is celebrated on December 13th.

Sanctuary Santa Maria in Valverde
The church which looks over the hamlets of Pezza and Purano goes back to the 12th century and probably sits on the ruins of an ancient temple dedicated to Minerva.

Madonna de La Salette Sanctuary
The Madonna De La Salette Sanctuary was built in 1860 on the hill overlooking the inhabited area of Fumane in 1860, a period in which there was an epidemic of downy mildew which was devastating the vineyards of the valley.

Villa Pullè Monga Galtarossa
The Villa, in San Pietro in Cariano, was propriety of Pullè from the second part of the '600 and still has the stem of the family on the southern face, on the chapel and some cottages.


Villa Buri Avanzi
Located in the area called "Ruine", in San Pietro in cariano, it's a building complex with an Roman Tower, which is the oldest part of the villa.

Villa del Bene
The villa was built in 15th century on the Adige River banks, in Volargne - Dolcè.

Maternità della Vergine Church
Church of the Virgin's maternity in Montecchio-Negrar di Valpolicella.

Villa Fumanelli
The Villa is on the slopes of a hill on the edge of the village San Floriano in S. Pietro in Cariano

Villa Mosconi Bertani
Located in Novare area - Negrar di Valpolicella, the villa was built in soft Valpolicella tuff in the first half of the 1700s by the architect Adriano Cristofoli, on behalf of Giacomo Fattori.

Villa Nichesola - Conforti
The villa is set on the bank of Adige river in Ponton - Sant'Ambrogio di Valpolicella. It’s in sammichelian style and it’s dated back to the half XVI century.

Villa Quaranta
The villa, built betwee 1630-1653, is located in Ospedaletto - Pescantina.

Villa Salvaterra
A cypress road leads to Villa Salvaterra, set in a lonely and suggestive location on the western side of the upper valley of Negrar di Valpolicella.

Villa Silvestri
Villa Silvestri is located in Marano of Valpolicella, hamlet of Valgatara.

San Martino Church
The San Martino Church is located in Corrubbio di Negarine, San Pietro in Cariano.

Parish Church of San Floriano
This church is located in San Floriano - San Pietro in Cariano and it represents the most interesting example of the Romanesque period in Valpolicella.

Parish Church of San Giorgio
The Church is in S. Giorgio di Valpolicella-Sant'Ambrogio di V.lla.The first building on this site dates back to the 8th century and was built upon the remains of an Arusnati pagan temple.

Villa Santa Sofia
It is also known as Villa Santa Sofia for the name of the chapel dedicated to the Saint just outside the walls of the aristocratic villa. The Villa is in Pedemonte - San Pietro in Cariano.

San Lorenzo Dome
To the west of Pescantina stands San Lorenzo's Cathedral.

Villa Giona
Villa Giona-Fagiuoli stands in Cengia by feet of Castelrotto's hill (San Pietro in Cariano) and was erected at the end of 1400, but it has been restructured in the following centuries.

San Martino Parish
Built in the main square of Negrar di Valpolicella, it is mentioned the first time in a document dated 1067.

Ceraino' lock
The Valdadige ends at Ceraino. During the glacier period, a diagonally positioned wall of rocks protected the valley from the flow of ice, causing it to veer right and to leave moraine deposits that form the beautiful, natural amphitheatre of Rivoli.

Fort Werk Mollinary
Built by the Austrians from 1849 to 1852, it was named for Genral Anton von Mollinary.

San Michele Church, Arcè
Located in Arcè, the San Michele Arcangelo Church soars up from an isolated area in the most western part of the town, it is surrounded by a wall.

Church of San Pietro Apostolo
This very ancient building is located in the village of Arbizzano-Negrar di Valpolicella and is dedicated to Saint Peter Apostle.

San Giovanni in Loffa
Located in a panoramic position on Monte Loffa, this church is said to be the oldest in the western part of the Lessinia region, as is indicated by the year 1131 that appears on the portal.

Villa Porta Rizzini
The villa is located in Canzago and you can see it from the country road before the village of Marano di Valpolicella, on the left, closed to Villa Lorenzi.

Calendar of Events
July 2020




Sponsor




MUNICIPALITIES OF VALPOLICELLA
CONSORZIO PRO LOCO VALPOLICELLA
via Ingelheim, 7 - 37029 - San Pietro in Cariano, Verona, Italy
Tel./fax +39 045 7701920 - info@valpolicellaweb.it